Terms & Conditions
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This site is only intended for clients and interested investors residing in states and countries in which Francis Financial is qualified to conduct investment advisory services. Francis Financial is a SEC registered investment adviser located in New York, NY. Francis Financial may only transact business in those states or countries in which it is registered, or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from registration requirements. For non-clients of the firm, Francis Financial’s website is limited to the dissemination of general information pertaining to its investment advisory services.
Please contact Francis Financial at 212-374-9008 to find out if we may conduct advisory business in the state or country where you reside. Accordingly, Francis Financial does not, and will not, effect or attempt to effect transactions in securities, or the rendering of personalized investment advice for compensation, through this website. Any subsequent, direct communication with a prospective client shall be conducted by a Francis Financial representative who is either registered or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from registration in the state or country where the prospective client resides.
At Francis Financial, Inc., an independent, fee-only financial planning firm, we want to let you know where we stand on a crucial topic: customer information and privacy. We are committed to safeguarding the confidential information of each of our clients. We hold all personal information provided to our firm in the strictest confidence. These records include all personal information that we collect from you in connection with any of the services provided by Francis Financial, Inc. We have never disclosed information to nonaffiliated third parties, except as described in this Privacy Statement or as permitted by law, and do not anticipate doing so in the future. If we were to anticipate such a change in firm policy, we would be prohibited under the law from doing so without advising
• We limit employee and agent access to information only to those who have a business or professional reason for knowing, and only to nonaffiliated parties as permitted by law.
• We maintain a secure office and computer environment to ensure that your information is not placed at unreasonable risk.
• The categories of nonpublic personal information that we collect from a client depend upon the scope of the client engagement. It will include information about your personal finances and information about your health to the extent that it is needed for the planning process.
• For unaffiliated third parties that require access to your personal information, including financial service companies, consultants, and auditors, we also require strict confidentiality in our agreements with them and expect them to keep this information private. Federal and state regulators also may review firm records as permitted under law.
• We do not provide your personally identifiable information to mailing-list vendors or solicitors for any purpose.
• We will maintain personally identifiable information about you during the time you are a client, and for the required time thereafter that such records are required to be maintained by federal and state securities laws, and consistent with the CFP Board Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility. After this required period of record retention, all such information will be destroyed.
Francis Financial, Inc., may share your personally identifiable information with the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (CFP Board) as part of complying with the CFP Board’s Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility. The firm may share information with the CFP Board during a potential CFP Board investigation to expedite the process for all parties. If you prefer that we do not disclose your nonpublic personal information to the CFP Board, simply opt out of this disclosure by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.