How divorced parents can avoid getting on Santa’s ‘naughty’ list, with Shari Bornstein
Do you hate your ex-spouse more than you love your child? For this holiday episode, Stacy is joined by Shari Bornstein, Director of Parent Services at FamilyKind, to discuss how to put bitterness aside and prioritize your children when celebrating the holidays.
In this episode, you will gain insight on:
• How to prevent and prepare for possible conflict during the upcoming holidays (12:19)
• Finding middle ground when it comes to differing parenting styles (15:01)
• Scheduling your holiday sharing plan (15:47)
• Parenting techniques, such as the pizza delivery technique, and using buzzwords to avoid bitterness and conflict in front of the kids (17:46)
• How parents can avoid being “naughty” by coordinating traditions and not “out-gifting” each other (21:58)
• Tips on how to make the holidays less stressful for your children (28:29)
For more information and additional resources from this show:
Holidays can be a stressful time for many, especially for divorced families whose children split their time between parents. FamilyKind is non-profit organization located in New York City that provides education and support services to families experiencing divorce and separation. If you have any questions or queries, you can contact Shari or visit the Family Kind website.