[REPLAY] Recognizing Financial Abuse and Gaslighting
PODCAST: [REPLAY] Recognizing Financial Abuse and Gaslighting
Today’s episode is from the Financially Everafter archive. It’s a powerful discussion about financial abuse and how you can take control of your destiny.
Victoria McCooey was one of the many women who thought she had a husband who loved and idolized her but found herself married to an abusive man who kept her isolated and financially disempowered – questioning her own knowledge and pressuring her into taking on debt while controlling almost every aspect of her life. Victoria saved herself and her children from this situation and has gone on to help hundreds of other women take their power back from abusive, narcissistic partners.
Victoria McCooey is a transformational divorce coach, speaker and inspirational thought leader committed to guiding smart but overwhelmed people out of a toxic marriage and into a life they can’t wait to live. In this episode of Financially Ever After, Victoria and Stacy talk about recognizing, understanding and escaping from abuse, and how to handle the aftermath, and how Victoria has dedicated her life to helping other women escape deadly situations.
– How Victoria came to the realization that her situation was not normal, not okay, and not going to end well [10.15]
– The myths too many people believe about abuse in marriage [14:00]
– The moment Victoria left the situation [23:15]
– What Victoria is doing now – and how she is turning her experience into programs and support for other women in similar situations. [28:45]
– Victoria’s advice to women who are currently in abusive situations. [35:15]